If you want to invest in Zcash, you can try with Zcash mining. There are two ways to do this: you can build your GPU rig with good mining software, or you can invest in Zcash cloud mining. Cloud mining (also cloud hashing) is a concept, which allows users to buy mining power of the hardware placed in remote data centers. In return users get Zcash currency (short ZEC or in $ZEC in Twitter).
Tested Zcash Cloud Mining Providers
- MyCoinCloud – they offer lifetime ZEC mining contracts with weekly payout, low electricity cost and small maintenance fee (only 7 % from your pofit). Mine until its profitable. You can start with 50$ only and see if it works for you.
- OXBTC – out of stock [sep 18, 2018]
- Genesis Mining They offer Zcash 2 year mining contracts and no maintenance fee is applied for the whole contract time. Starter pack is 47.99 for 25 H/s. out of stock [sep 18, 2018]
- HashFlare – after a long break, Zcash cloud mining one-year contracts are back online at $1.60 per 1 H/s with payouts in ZEC. The hashrate amount is limited, so don’t miss your chance to mine one of the most promising altcoins before it is finished! out of stock [sep 18, 2018]
- NiceHash – hashpower marketplace where you can buy or sell hashing power from other users. Buy or sell hashing power without contracts on pay-as-you-go basis directly from many providers. Minimum order price is just 0.01 bitcoin. Recommened for experienced users only.
- ZeroPond – out of stock [sep 18, 2018]
How Does Zcash Cloud Mining Work?
As soon as you purchase H/s (a unit of Zcash mining facilities), the process of mining will start right away. Unlike buying your hardware, with cloud-based H/s, you will not face such problems as waiting for the delivery, installation problems, dealing with equipment maintenance, etc. In other words, you are leasing a set amount of computer power from someone else that takes care of it. Service providers have designed hardware and software specifically for Zcash mining so that their equipment uses less energy and makes the mining process faster and more efficient.
Update on Zcash Cloud Mining Profitability
september 18, 2018
Our cloud mining plan at Hashflare has 100 H/s mining power (it is a small mining plan, for testing & payout checking purposes only) and gives us approx 0.00066 ZEC or 0.07 US$ cloud mining revenue daily (current Zcash price is approx 110$). The same plan currently costs 140$. As As a mining contract lasts one year, it simply means that you will never get your investment back if the price of Zcash does not go up substantially. Therefore, cloud mining is not the best option to get Zcash at the moment. Simly buy it.
Bitcoin and Zcash: How Do They Compare?
Zcash is the first permissionless decentralized cryptocurrency that allows to completely hide not only the value of a transaction but the participants as well. It utilizes advanced new cryptographic techniques to offer optional improved privacy and transparency. Many people see Zcash as an improved version of bitcoin. It offers better payment anonymity, while still maintaining a decentralized network using a public and its own unique blockchain.
Unlike bitcoin, Zcash transactions can hide the sender, recipient, and value of all transactions. Only those with the correct view key can see the contents. Users have complete control and can opt-in to provide others with their key at their discretion. Zcash transactions do not depend on the cooperation of other parties. Zcash’s monetary base is the same as bitcoin’s – 21 million.
Zcash Mining Algorithm
Zcash is using the so-called Equihash algorithm for the production of new coins. It is a proof-of-work algorithm, based on a computer science and cryptography concept called the Generalized Birthday Problem. This means the best hardware for mining Zcash tokens is standard GPUs and RAM. The hope is that this will lead to a more decentralized set of miners.
As mentioned earlier, 21 million ZEC will be mined over time, and 10% of that amount will be distributed to the stakeholders in the company as founders reward – employees, founders, and investors. Every four years, the production rate of Zcash units will halve.
Other Zcash Cloud Mining Providers
- Toomim – out of stock
- ViaBTC – out of stock
- Nuvoo – we do not like their MLM approach to cloud mining and they certainly look fishy. Currently out off stock.
- BitFire – hashpower available, untested
- NRmine – hashpower available, untested
- HashCore – hashpower available, untested
- CCG Mining – probably not legitimate.
- IQmining.com – probably a scam. Stay away from them.
- You can find out more about Zcash at https://z.cash
- Want to mine bitcoin? Try Bitcoin Cloud Mining.
- Lifetime Zcash cloud mining contract means that the duration of the contracts are not fixed, contract will be active until it is profitable to mine. It will be canceled when it cannot pay it’s own electricity costs in continuation of some period, usually 14 days.
- If you are interested in Zcash mining on your own, be sure to visit official forum.
- To buy some Zcash directly without mining head to: Changelly. They have a reasonable fee of 0.5% for crypto to crypto exchange (better than more popular Shapeshift.io).
- Most of the bigger trading platforms support trading Zcash. See Binance, HitBTC, Poloniex, Kraken and Bittrex. For a complete list, go to CoinmarketCap.
- Coincheck is going to delist privacy coins Monero, Zcash, and Dash: Cryptocurrency exchange Coincheck will delist trading pairs for Monero (XMR), Zcash (ZEC), and Dash (DASH). The reason behind this decision is related to the less traceable transactions of these privacy-centric cryptocurrencies, which don’t comply with the Anti-money laundering regulations [may 30, 2018, more].
- The Zcash Foundation has announced that it will make maintaining ASIC resistance an “immediate technical priority” in response to the Bitmain’s new ASIC release compatible with the Equihash mining algorithm, the Antminer Z9 mini. On an official website post, the Zcash’s Executive Director Josh Cincinnati, said that it will immediately begin devoting resources to investigating the presence and power of ASICs on the Zcash network [may 9, 2018, source].
Last Updated on