Currently there are no places with worldwide support to buy bitcoins with phone. Services include purchasing bitcoins using a phone call, buying by mobile credit, phone payments, phone credit, SMS billing or sending SMS.
Furthermore, there are a few dodgy places and scams online, and our advice is not to try to buy bitcoins from them. Some European users can enjoy one service described below to obtain bitcoin with mobile credit.
Buy bitcoin with phone bill
Some European users will benefit from Coingate. You can buy bitcoin with your phone and payment is charged to your mobile bill or deducted from your prepaid mobile balance. Upon choosing the amount, you will see the instructions for payment. You can buy bitcoin by either making a quick phone call, a longer timed call or by sending a text message (SMS).
Currently, they support these 19 countries: Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom. They have a plan to expand to 36 countries shortly. You can also buy altcoins: LTC (Litecoin) and ETH (Ethereum) with mobile balance.
Most countries support pay by call method, several countries support SMS payment. Please use this link to register as you will reduce service fees by 50%. Unfortunately, you have to verify your account to be able to buy cryptocurrency.
Thesed guys also implemented bitcoin lightning network (fast transactions).
Paxful, an online marketplace where you can buy bitcoins with various payment methods, has a thread where you can buy bitcoin with mobile recharge. We haven’t tested it though, and we have no idea how it works.
Send bitcoins with SMS
If you just need to send bitcoin currency you already own to someone with SMS (not to buy bitcoin), please use these services.
- Coinbase digital wallet offers SMS bitcoin sending service.
- You can easily send bitcoin to a phone via SMS if you have a bitcoin wallet at Blockchain.
- Coinapult‘s web and SMS interfaces provide ability to send bitcoins to a phone number.
From the News
- Last week, crypto project Dash has announced the launch of Dash Text, an SMS-based cryptocurrency transaction service for Venezuelan users, as it builds on its already strong presence in the crypto dependent country. The company said that Dash Text eliminates the need for Venezuelan users to possess smartphones and internet access to carry out crypto transactions, which has historically been a significant barrier to adoption in the impoverished country suffering from hyperinflation [november 5, 2018].
- Check also other options to buy bitcoins.
- Instant recharge any mobile phone number in 150 countries with altcoins or bitcoin. Send mobile top up to your number or any number you choose at Uquid.
- Refill your prepaid phone, Skype account or Viber with bitcoin at Bitrefill and Celery. Also, you can send money to prepaid phones with bitcoin. Money arrives as prepaid credits on their balance that can be used for calling or purchases.
Last Updated on