Selling bitcoins using Paypal is possible: although you can’t directly sell bitcoins for PayPal money, some of the exchange services will do this conversion for you by acting as an intermediate. The biggest bitcoin exchanges do not provide the service of exchanging bitcoins into USD or EUR and then doing a fiat withdrawal to your PayPal account. But some niche exchange and payment services are now resolving this problem. Some of them do have a quite high transaction fees though, so choose wisely. How can you top up your PayPal with bitcoin? We have the answers.
Bitcoins to PayPal at LocalBitcoins
LocalBitcoins is a marketplace for trading bitcoins locally to cash or online payments of your choice. As all trading on this platform happens in-person, you need to find a seller that is willing to do bitcoin to PayPal exchange by browsing on-line trade listings and negotiate the terms of buying/selling process. You usually pay PayPal fees, funds are often released instantly and usually no “why” questions are being asked here. The site provides a built-in reputation system, so you can always deal with high reputation individuals that already made hundreds of transactions.
Bitcoins to PayPal at VirWox
You need a free account on Virtual World Exchange. Using VirWox you can quickly sell bitcoins to another virtual currency, that is Second Life Lindens (SLL) and then convert your SLL to USD and withdraw to PayPal account. The reason this method works is because you do not sell bitcoins for PayPal directly, but you only buy SLL with bitcoins and then exchange your SLL to PayPal. It sounds complicated, but actually isn’t that much, just mane an account and see for yourself. A handling fee of 1 EUR/USD + 2% per withdrawal is charged and some other conversion fees. While most withdrawals to PayPal account are processed instantly, they manually check some transactions for security reasons.
Bitcoins to PayPal on BitPanda
Here is another bitcoin to PayPal provider that has good user feedback on forums. You can try BitPanda. Selling bitcoins with PayPal here is quite easy – you just send bitcoins to an online wallet, enter your PayPal account and receive money (processing time depends on ordertime and it is between 30 minutes and 10 hours). No verification is required!
Bitcoins to PayPal at Coinbase
Some Coinbase users are now able to sell BTC and have their USD funds deposited to a PayPal wallet. To start, they’re offering PayPal cash-out for US users only. In the future, they hope to add support for other countries, and to support buys through PayPal as well. Service is currently in beta, they we’ll be expanding to more countries in the coming months. To get started, visit the payment methods page on Coinbase or tap Settings and then Payment Methods on iOS or Android. 3.5% fee.
Bitcoins to PayPal at Bitwala
Bitwala is european bitcoin bill payment platform. Beside paying bills for SEPA customers you are now able to send money to any PayPal account you want to. All you need is the email of the PayPal account and some bitcoins, and they’ll do the rest for you. For 0.5% fee (minimum 1 EUR) they transfer bitcoin to PayPal accounts you want. They are able to top up PayPal accounts in any currency and worldwide, but please be aware that they only guarantee the price denominated in EUR. They don’t take over any exchange fees that might be charged by PayPal for the currency exchange.
Bitcoins to PayPal on Forum
We list this option last with the reason. Yes, you can also sell bitcoins to get PayPal on internet forums like Bitcointalk marketplace, but you need to be really careful who are you trading with.
As you probably know, bitcoin offers quite high level of anonymity and with its one-way transaction feature, there is not much you can do if the seller does not deliver what was promised. PayPal is also notorious for freezing accounts of people who use it for bitcoin conversions, so do not shout out loud that you are doing that. When doing business on forums, we suggest you to use escrow service within this forum or outside to avoid potential problems and at least do a small test transaction first.
- Are you actually looking to buy bitcoins with your PayPal? Look no further, we have the best guide around. Choices for buying bitcoins with your PayPal money are unfortunately more limited.
- Bitcoin makes services like PayPal more accessible for anyone worldwide as you don’t need a bank account or a credit card to fund your PayPal account with money and selling bitcoins through PayPal makes that happen!
- Other options to sell bitcoins.
- We advise you to be very careful when you find a service that is not listed above as there are many scams around – we’ve been scammed too when we tested some new services for you. If you send someone your bitcoins, you might never receive money to your PayPal account!
- xCoins – another way to get PayPal money instantly from bitcoin is to offer a secured bitcoin loan at this bitcoin lending site. Although it is officially a lending site, it more works like buy/sell bitcoin for PayPal service.
- There are some other providers that we did not review yet, use them at your own risk: AnycoinDirect, Cryptex24, ALFACashier, Unichange, Xbtc and XMLGold.