There are several ways to get bitcoins with cash and we list the most popular options. The first option is to do it through an bitcoin ATM, then person to person (on-line or offline), by making a cash deposit or by making a kind of wire transfer.
Find and meet bitcoin traders near you
LocalBitcoins is a marketplace for trading bitcoins locally to cash. Here you can find local bitcoin exchangers in your country or start your bitcoin exchange. To buy bitcoins with cash, you need to register on LocalBitcoins, browse sellers pages, choose a trader with a good reputation, discuss and negotiate terms, meet or e-meet dealers and purchase bitcoins. LocalBitcoins acts as an escrow service until the transaction is complete. This gives you a security measure in case of fraud.
The main idea with most of the sellers is to go to the nearest bank, and fill out a deposit slip or deposit money via cash deposit machines with seller’s account information. In exchange, the seller will provide you bitcoin to your digital wallet. The other option is to meet a vendor in-person for a cash exchange.
Find bitcoin ATM near you
If you mind your privacy and want to buy bitcoin anonymously, the cash deposit on bitcoin ATM is the best way to go as you can get bitcoins without the need for a person to facilitate the transaction. Bitcoin ATM’s (also BTM’s) are now popping out everywhere in the world. Most of them are still one-way ATM’s though, meaning that you can buy bitcoins using cash, but you are unable to get cash out of your bitcoin. Please check these maps to find bitcoin ATM near you:
They are, however, not that easy to find and usually only the biggest cities in a limited number of countries have them.
Buy bitcoins with cash at VirWox
A good option is to buy paysafecard with cash as you can do that easily with more than 500.000 outlets worldwide. With Paysafecard, you can anonymously fund your VirWox account, no credit card or bank account is needed. Using the VirWox exchange you have to buy another currency first, that is Second Life Lindens (SLL), that you can later convert to bitcoins. Just enter the desired amount, press the button, and enter the 16-digit PIN code found on your prepaid Paysafecard and bitcoins are here. You can also find other sellers that accept paysafecard.
Buy bitcoins with cash via remittance services
You can deposit cash at your nearest branch of WU with instructions from your online provider. You need to signup and get verified first with one of the online bitcoin providers to receive deposit info – we suggest CoinMama. Usually you will get your coins within 1 business day after your WU deposit and after you pass on-line verification.
Buy bitcoins with cash at USPS
If you are located in the US, you can buy bitcoins via the United States Postal Service. Create an account at CoinCafe first. This will give you a secure place to store your bitcoins, and easy payment methods to buy and sell bitcoin. Then create an order. Once you create an order, detailed instructions about how to pay will follow. Afterwards visit your local USPS branch and purchase a money order slip or cashier’s check. Fill out the deposit slip for the correct amount and pay for it. Physically send a copy of money order to Coincafe. The Same business day they receive your payment you should receive bitcoins.
Buy bitcoins with cash at any bank
For this kind of service, you actually do not need a bank account. On Cex.io for example you can make a cash deposit to purchase BTC without any hassle. Make an account with them, select “bank transfer” as a payment option and then follow the instructions. You will receive a printable sheet with bank payment details. You will then have a few days to go to any bank in your neighborhood with cash on hand and make the payment. As soon as you’re done, and the bank processes the money transfer, you will be credited your account with bitcoins.
You can also go to CoinCafe, create an order and choose “money order“. Follow detailed instructions and deposit at a nearby bank branch into CoinCafe’s corporate account. Write down your CoinCafe order number on the bank receipt and upload it. They will verify your deposit, and you will get your bitcoins in the next business day!
Buy bitcoins with cash via Credit Unions
Another convenient option of buying bitcoins with cash is through the service offered by BitQuick. Start buying bitcoins by viewing the sell orders on BitQuick. Choose one, and then they will guide you through the simple buying process. After getting instructions you have to visit your local CO-OP branch – their network consist of nearly 30,000 ATMs and 5,000+ shared branches (mostly in U.S., but some also in Canada, Germany and UK) to deposit money. Revisit BitQuick, and you will quickly buy some BTC. You can now enjoy being able to make a deposit and receive funds the same day.
Other options to buy bictoins with cash
- Want to buy $10 of bitcoin fast? Gift cards are accepted at some on-line exchanges. Buy one with cash at your local drugstore and exchange it here for instant bitcoin.
- Visit Bitcoin Over the Counter. It is a sort of IRC chat and the chat room allows buyers and sellers to view one another’s orders and reputations.
- Go to your local bitcoin meetup event. Major American cities feature at least one bitcoin meetup. They’re often weekly, held somewhere informal like a bar and are a prime location to buy bitcoins. Check Meetup.com for up-to-date listings in your area.
- The Mycelium wallet contains a section called Local Trader. It is built-in billboard where you can trade bitcoins. You can view the buy and sell orders of other users near you. Users can then rate each other after transactions to build a reputation system to protect future users of the marketplace.
- Available at 19.000+ convenience stores in North America, LibertyX will sell you your first US$1,000 in bitcoin without any fees. After that, it’s only a 1% markup from spot price. But you can’t do that anonymously.
- Please check also other options to buy bitcoins: especially paysafecard.
- Remember, bitcoin is for the unbanked people and for those who’d like to become unbanked.
- From Austria? Post offices in Austria are offering Bitcoin in exchange for cash through a program by BitPanda To Go. The joint offering by Bitpanda and the Austrian Post AG is now one of the cheapest ways to buy bitcoin and more cryptocurrencies using cash (2.99% fee). The service is available at over 400 Post branches and about 1,350 Post partners throughout Austria [november 6, 2018].
2 thoughts on “Buy Bitcoins With Cash”
can i get information on bitcoins
Can I buy bitcoins with prepaid cc?