There are only a few online services that provide a service to buy bitcoins with Paysafecard. Or with other words: exchanges that sell you bitcoins for your Paysafecard. This is a great way to get your coins anonymously, since you can buy Paysafecard easily at more than 600.000 outlets worldwide. It is ideally suited to purchasing small bitcoin quantity since it is effortless and you can maintain your anonymity. However, anonymity comes with the price, expect to lose about 20% of your money for this exchange.
Buy bitcoins with Paysafecard – VirWox
Using Paysafecard, you can anonymously fund your VirWox account, no verification, credit card or bank account is needed. Create an account, enter the desired amount and the 16-digit PIN code found on your prepaid Paysafecard. Using the VirWox, you have to buy another digital currency first (that is SSL or Linden dollars). SSL you can later instantly convert to bitcoins. The whole process of transferring Paysafecard to bitcoin will, unfortunately, cost you around 20%. The good thing is that is fast. There is 360$ maximum at the moment. You can proceed if your Paysafecard is in EUR, USD, GBP, and CHF.
Buy bitcoins with Paysafecard – Localbitcoins
LocalBitcoins is a marketplace for trading bitcoins locally to cash and this includes Paysafe. To buy bitcoins with Paysafecard, you need to register first on LocalBitcoins, browse sellers pages, choose a trader with a good reputation, discuss and negotiate terms and purchase bitcoins. This process will take more time than at VirWox and will cost you much more, at least 30%. Sellers usually take some time to verify the code and send you coins immediately afterward.
Buy bitcoins with Paysafecard at Paxful
Similar to LocalBitcoins service is a service offered by Paxful. It is a bitcoin marketplace connecting buyers with sellers, and you can choose from more than 300 payment methods to pay for bitcoins. You should check both, LocalBitcoins and Paxful, to find the best offer for your Paysafecard to BTC conversion (the best we could find was above 30% of the current bitcoin rate). Some sellers claim that they release cryptocurrency instantly after Paysafecard code submission.
Buy bitcoins with Paysafecard on forum
You can also buy bitcoins on forums. One of more popular bitcoin related forums is Bitcointalk. Usually there is a 10% commission on Paysafecard to bitcoin conversion and we suggest you use an escrow service within the forum to avoid being tricked.
What is Paysafecard anyway?
It is a prepaid card that you can use online as a mean of payment. It is currently operating in 46 countries and is considered as an alternative method of payment especially if you don’t have a credit card, debit card or PayPal account. Even if you do, many credit card owners do not want to use their card online because of security issues. Paysafecard is a cash voucher bought instore. Simply buy a 16-digit PIN code at presale locations such as post offices and grocery stores. These cards come with a credit balance with amounts that will depend on the local currency. It is worth mentioning again that you can buy this prepaid card with cash and totally anonymously.
- Indirectly you can buy bitcoins with Paysafecard at BitPanda, but it is a long way around with a lot of fees as the process goes through Neteller.
- Skrill also accepts Paysafecard as a deposit option. This way you can buy bitcoins with Skrill via Paysafecard. Again, a lot of fees.
- Paysafecard has made an statement on buying bitcoin currency with their prepaid card. In general, they warn you that by exchanging money on an exchange you may loose your anonymity, so they officially do not work with major online bitcoin exchangers except VirWox, as “Linden Dollars is a closed loop payment method”.
- Please check our scam list as there are scammers around the corner, even if google displays them among top results!
- Since Paysafecard is one of the most popular and proven online prepaid payment methods (especially in Europe) we expect new providers will enter the market soon. Please contact us if you came across a reliable exchange.
- Check also other options to buy bitcoins. You may want to check how to buy bitcoins with gift cards.
Last Updated on