There are only a few online services that provide a service to buy bitcoins with Paysafecard. Or in other words: exchanges that sell you crypto for your Paysafecard. This is a great way to get your coins anonymously, since you can buy Paysafecard easily at more than 600.000 outlets worldwide. It is ideally suited to purchasing small bitcoin quantity since it is effortless and you can maintain your anonymity. However, anonymity comes with the price, expect to lose about 20% of your money for this exchange.
Get bitcoins for Paysafecard at Localbitcoins
LocalBitcoins is a marketplace for trading bitcoins locally to cash and this often includes Paysafe. To buy bitcoin with Paysafecard, you need to register first on LocalBitcoins, browse sellers pages, choose a trader with a good reputation, discuss and negotiate terms, and purchase crypto. This process will take some time as sellers have to verify the code.
Buy bitcoin with Paysafecard at Paxful
Similar to LocalBitcoins service is a service offered by Paxful. It is a marketplace connecting buyers with sellers, and you can choose from more than 300 payment methods to pay for bitcoins. You should check both, LocalBitcoins and Paxful, to find the best offer for your Paysafecard to BTC conversion (the best we could find was above 20% of the current bitcoin rate). Some sellers claim that they release cryptocurrency instantly after Paysafecard code submission.
Buy BTC with Paysafecard on forum
You can also exchange Paysafecard to bitcoin on forums. One of more popular bitcoin related forums is Bitcointalk. Usually there is a 10% commission on Paysafecard to bitcoin conversion and we suggest you use an escrow service within the forum to avoid being tricked.
Paysafecard to bitcoin at VirWox
UPDATE: This was the most popular way for a long, but not the easiest, though. The Virtual World Exchange (VirWoX) has permanently closed its business on January 6, 2020.
Using Paysafecard, you can anonymously fund your VirWox account, no verification, credit card, or bank account is needed. Create an account, enter the desired amount and the 16-digit PIN code found on your prepaid Paysafecard. Using the VirWox, you have to buy another digital currency first (that is SSL or Linden dollars). SSL you can later instantly convert to bitcoins.
What is Paysafecard anyway?
It is a prepaid card that you can use online as a form of payment. It is currently operating in 46 countries and is considered an alternative method of payment especially if you don’t have a credit card, debit card, or PayPal account. Even if you do, many credit card owners do not want to use their cards online because of security issues. Paysafecard is a cash voucher bought instore. Simply buy a 16-digit PIN code at presale locations such as post offices and grocery stores. These cards come with a credit balance with amounts that will depend on the local currency. It is worth mentioning again that you can buy this prepaid card with cash and totally anonymously.
- Indirectly you can buy crypto with Paysafecard at BitPanda, but it is a long way around with a lot of fees as the process goes through Neteller.
- Skrill also accepts Paysafecard as a deposit option. This way you can buy bitcoins with Skrill via Paysafecard. Again, a lot of fees.
- Paysafecard has made a statement on buying bitcoin currency with their prepaid card. In general, they warn you that by exchanging money on an exchange you may loose your anonymity, so they officially do not work with major online bitcoin exchangers.
- Please check our scam list as there are scammers around the corner, even if google displays them among top results!
- Since Paysafecard (some people just use the short version “Paysafe” ) is one of the most popular and proven online prepaid payment methods (especially in Europe) we expect new providers will enter the market soon. Please contact us or comment below if you find a reliable exchange.
- If you want the other way around, to buy Paysafecard with bitcoin, head on to Bitrefill.
- Check also other options to buy bitcoins. You may want to check how to buy bitcoins with gift cards.