Several services will now allow you to buy bitcoins with your credit card. But it comes with a price and some hassle – mostly connected with verification process.
Buy bitcoins with credit card via Cex.io
Once trading and mining platform Cex.io has now a service to buy bitcoin currency via credit and debit cards – they accept Visa and Mastercard currently. Please note that several steps are needed for account verification before you can actually buy bitcoins, so this is not an easy and quick process – but if you are planning to buy currency more often, the hassle is worth it. Once bought, coins are immediately credited to your account! Fees for credit card deposits in USD and EUR have been lowered to 3.5% + 0.2 USD/EUR recently.
Buy bitcoins with credit/debit card at Coinbase
Coinbase is one of the best bitcoin wallets at the moment and it allows users to purchase bitcoin by directly transferring money from a bank account – this is a standard option. The exchange also supports secure credit and debit cards to purchase bitcoins instantly.
At this time Visa, Mastercard and Maestro cards with 3D Secure authentication support may be added to a Coinbase account. Currently 33 countries are supported, including US, Canada, Australia, European Union countries and Singapore. If you buy more than $100 worth of bitcoin through this link, you’ll get $10 of free bitcoin.
Buy bitcoins with credit card at Uphold
If you’re based in Europe or the United States, and want to purchase some bitcoin with your card, you can simply add funds to your Uphold account. Uphold is a full financial platform for moving, converting, transacting and holding any form of money or commodity. You can also buy gold and some other digital currencies here. Before you begin with credit/debit card deposit, please make sure you are a verified member (in most cases, verification is complete within minutes). Uphold charges a fee of 2.75% when you deposit to your account with your card. You will also pay a conversion fee to bitcoin of 0.75%.
Buy bitcoins with credit card at Bitstamp
Bitstamp users located in EU (28 countries supported) can buy bitcoin using their credit and debit cards. They support buying bitcoin with both Visa and Mastercard, also credit and debit cards can be used. After verifying your credit card you can instantly buy up to $1000 worth of bitcoins per day. Bitstamp is highly respected and reliable exchange and trading platform with low transaction fees. However, credit and debit cards deposit fee is a whooping 8% of the purchased amount. It has recently obtained a Payment Institution License in Luxembourg, making it a licensed currency exchange.
Buy bitcoins with credit card via Cubits
Cubits is all-inclusive platform to buy, sell and accept bitcoin, focused mainly to European users, but also users from other countries can buy bitcoins (Brazil, Japan, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa). After thorough verification you can buy and sell bitcoin instantly. It is quite a lot of work to verify your account as they are strict with their policies, but once you are done, it is worth it. The whole process will cost you about 6% in fees (comparing to Bitstamp bitcoin price).
Buy bitcoins with credit card at Coinmama
CoinMama has a great service. Probably this is the fastest way to get your bitcoins with credit card. Verification is fast and they have good user support too (if you are already a verified customer your orders will be processed immediately). You can purchase up to $1000 worth of bitcoin daily or $5000 monthly.
The only problem is, that it really comes with the price. First, the exchange rate for bitcoins is way above the daily rate on major trading platforms (about 10%), plus they will charge you an additional 10$ flat fee, which is taken from their credit card processing provider. You will get a 5% discount if you use the link above.
How to buy bitcoin with credit card without verification?
- If you need small amount of bitcoins head to Indacoin. They do not require any verification documents or registration to make a purchase. Clients just need to fill in the information on the order page: email, mobile phone, card details and bitcoin wallet address (if you don’t have one, you can get it on the website). Expect a quick call on your first purchase. The amount of bitcoins that you can buy will increase with each successful purchase. According to our knowledge, they are the only company in the world that lets you buy bitcoins with Visa or Mastercard instantly and without registration or ID.
- But since your normal credit or debit card is already tied to your identity, we have another idea. Buy a prepaid debit card at your local store and find a trade partner on LocalBitcoins marketplace to buy bitcoins (but it is up to the specific seller to decide if they want some ID or other verification details). You can browse through listings until you find someone willing to make a trade without the need for personal details.
There are other providers that somehow did not make to the list above – either they provide buying process in some local currency, they use some workaround through some other provider or there are other reasons why we did not include them.
But they still provide buy bitcoin with credit cards service in some way, so please check them if you think they can be useful to you. Currently on the list:
- CoinCorner – buy bitcoin with EUR or GBP, no US$ option
- Cryptonit – verified users only, 4.9% fee
- BitPanda – they claim to have the cheapest price for credit card buying in Europe.
- BitBay – offers Visa and Mastercard deposits in cooperation with BitStamp.
- xCoins – although it is officially a lending site, it more works like buy bitcoin site.
- If you’re looking to buy bitcoin with credit card for trading purposes only then check out Plus500 bitcoin CFD trading platform. Your capital is at risk.
- Please check also other options to buy bitcoins and our exchanges list.
- Since PayPal is loaded through credit and debit cards, you can use any of PayPal to bitcoin listed services to buy bitcoins with credit/debit card. The same applies for Skrill.
- Indirectly, you can purchase mining facilities with credit card and in time you will receive bitcoins (probably with some extra profit too).